07 December, 2009

Leaving Taiwan...



I’ve constantly been in thought throughout these last 3-4 months of traveling in S.E. Asia and now being in Taiwan. For many reasons, I have decided to head back to Portland rather than continue to look for, and sign, a year long teaching contract here in Taiwan. This will be the end of my 3rd adventure in Asia, it has been really great. Nolan and Phil will continue to look for teaching positions and plan on staying as they get a good job. They will do great here and will make great teachers. I will miss them and I wish them well.

If you would like to keep up with their journey, pictures and all, I would refer you to Phil’s blog: http://theseasiachapter.blogspot.com/

My flight for PDX leaves this Sunday morning. Because of the time difference, I will leave at 9:45am from Taiwan and arrive at 8am in Portland on the same day.

I’m really excited to see everyone much sooner than I had originally expected as I flew to Bangkok. My plan is to get a job working in the coffee industry, find a place to live, and maybe a vehicle to get me from point A to point B.

Thank you for taking the time to keep up with my blog and our journey. I do plan to continue to blog, but am unsure at this time what that will look like.

Blessings,
Jonathan William

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jon! Sorry to hear that your adventure is getting cut short, but happy to hear that you're coming back to Portland! Have a good flight, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete